Life Saving Tips
Towards pedestrians, cyclists and other drivers. Tries not to frighten them by approaching at a threatening speed. Does not blow horn and add to the high level of noise in the city. Does not use headlights at full beam and blind the on-coming drivers.
By giving way to the traffic on the right; by slowing down to allow pedestrians to cross the road; does not show impatience by repeatedly blowing horn or threatening gestures; by helping another driver in distress.
Doesn't overspeed; doesn't overtake recklessly; keeps his vehicle in good condition; follows lane discipline; observes traffic signals and parking restrictions.
- Ensure that the turning path is clear and no one is coming up behind you on your left
- Give the left and signal by hand or indicator
- Keep as close to the left as possible - just before during and after turn
- After completing the turn, slowly and smoothly merge with the traffic
- Make sure that the traffic behind is at a safe distance
- Give the right hand signal and gradually slow down
- Leave as much room as possible for other vehicles to pass on your left, and take a position just left of the middle of the road.
- As soon as you find a safe gap between you and the coming traffic make turn swiftly but safely
Be a part of our mission to make Indore city a Crime Free City. To become an eye for Indore Police click below: